prenatal massage??? Has anyone recieved one, how did you feel after?

I have HORRIBLE back pain, and muscle pain in my tummy I'm 38 weeks and I wanted to know if anyone has gotten one, how they felt after, and at what point in pregnancy did you get it done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a massage with both of my pregnancies. It was the best thing ever!!! I made sure I got the maternity massage. I had them use coconut lotion instead of any oil to be safe. I recommend to anyone. My only thing for you is to ask if it's okay for you to get one considering you're in your last month. I was told I couldn't get one in my last month. Other than that, go for it. You can always your SO to rub your back. I was very spoiled during my pregnancies!! Best wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've never had a massage done while pregnant...but I'd definately recommend getting one! I'm sure you'll feel wonderful after getting one. Just keep in mind to tell your massage therapist if anything she's doing is uncomfortable. I'm 34 weeks pregnant with back pain also...I should look into getting one for myself!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had one done, for free because my Grandmother owns a massage therapy shop. I was the test dummy for a newcomer, i was like 36 weeks when i got it. Just make sure to avoid the ankles because that can put you into labor. And it is WONDERFUL, highly recommended!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wasn't pregnant when I had my massage. but the next day my WHOLE body hurt! I did some reading and it said to be sure to drink plenty of water before you go in for a massage to make sure you dont hurt the next day.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had one done earlier on in my pregnancy. I was probably around 20 weeks. It was the greatest thing ever. I had terrible back pain and within a few days of having the massage it was gone. I do have a large chest, so the table was a little uncomfortable for me because the holes for your chest to go in were smaller than mine. I would highly recommend it. I would check with your doctor first to make sure it is okay since you are already at 38 weeks.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009