prenatal massage??? Has anyone recieved one, how did you feel after?

I have HORRIBLE back pain, and muscle pain in my tummy I'm 38 weeks and I wanted to know if anyone has gotten one, how they felt after, and at what point in pregnancy did you get it done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I had it as a service while I was on strict hospital bed rest due to preterm labor.
    They thought that it'd help me relax more, and it sure did! I loved it.
    The nurse who did the massage was one of my favorite night nurses anyway - which made it very easy to talk to her with. We chatted and laughed while she massaged. It was lovely. :]
    I definitely recommend it.
    I was 22 weeks when I started going into labor - and had it twice a week until I gave birth at 26 weeks gestation.
    I would definitely suggest it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It sounds wonderful although I've never had one! I'm currently prego w/ #4 and had really terrible back pains with my 2nd child a few years ago. I don't know why I never even consider a prenatal massage! Lol. Hmm, which gets me to thinking....I'm sure I could squeeze one of those in over the next few weeks while I'm still pregnant. It'd give me a good excuse to get a massage, right? :)

I do hope your back pain subsides. I know how horrible that is.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009