Don't like Obama - you're probably just racist!

"Oh, I'm just guessing. This is just off the cuff. I think 45 to 65% of the people who appear at these groups are people who will never be comfortable with the idea of a black president," Cynthia Tucker of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BcSrYtYshY

Seriously, how can you talk about people marching/demonstrating in objection to HEALTHCARE plans and turn it into a RACE issue and then go further by dragging Palin into it??? let the race card go and stop with the Sarah Palin comparisons!!! let's look at FACTS of this plan and WHAT people are upset about!!!

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 9:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cynthia Tucker is nuts and racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's the 800 lb gorilla in the room. How many people of color or minorities do you see disrupting these town hall meetings or tea parties? Old white people and southerners cannot fathom having a man of color in the white house. All those racist emails floating around--watermelons on the white house front lawn, Barack the magic negro, the picture where he is just eyes, etc etc etc and etc. It is what it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• What stacy and Anon :27 said sums it up pretty well.

Race isn't an issue for all the dissenter, but it is for some, and you completely invalidate your argument when you fail to acknowledge it as a factor in their rage.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's a distraction. These people think that we are so intimidated by being called racist that we will support UHC to prove we are not racist. Well, they can call me everything but a "child of God" and I still won't support UHC.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The ONLY part of RACE that enrages this southern girl is how its always the excuse. I don't Like the mans POLICIES. The people at these meetings (the MAJORITY) are using perfectly respectable arguments against this UHC that has nothing to do with race! I actually like Obama a lot the first time I saw him on Oprah. Thought he was great and made lots of good points. I actually called my mom and said if this guy runs I might just vote Democratic. Then he kept talking and talking and talking and did some research and I learned what his actual POLICY ideas were and chose not to vote for him....on POLICY.

I really believe that racism now is people sick of HEARING the racism card ALWAYS being played!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No, but you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We can acknowledge all day long that sure some people are big fat racists on both sides of the fence...BUT it never stops the persistent accusations that we must ALL be racist because we do not like the man policies.As momof said alot of us have perfectly VALID reasons for not liking his policies..and if some cannot deal with that OHWELL...call me whatever you feel you must it does not change my stance and does not intimidate me.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• im racist i don't like obama, oh wait all my friends from the military are either Hispanic or black. i guess he is just in a category of his own.

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's the 800 lb gorilla in the room. How many people of color or minorities do you see disrupting these town hall meetings or tea parties?

___________

The man who was thrown to the ground by a union worker was OH MY GOD BLACK! SEE!

kennethgladley

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• FIRST OF ALL THE MAN IS A CREEP AND SECOND HE IS A HALF BLACK AND HALF WHITE CREEP!
    I hate to even call him a man; and it wouldn't matter if he was pink, yellow or orange.....HE IS GARBAGE!
    The thing is evil and everything he is involved in is evil.
    Now go narc on me......call me racist.......call me a hater.....call me whatever you want....it does not change the FACT that he is just s*** on the soles of American's feet.
    What is sad is that while America waited to see "the 1st black president", this germ crawled upon to the platform and is destroying the nation we live in. Unfortunetly IMO there will never be another opportunity for a black man to be a good moral man and serve as president. This creep has taken care of that ever happening.
    I am racist, I am a hater, I am sick of this egotistical phyco...so yes I guess I am all these things as far as obarf goes!
    Guess what? I don't use anon. when I reply!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009