Don't like Obama - you're probably just racist!

"Oh, I'm just guessing. This is just off the cuff. I think 45 to 65% of the people who appear at these groups are people who will never be comfortable with the idea of a black president," Cynthia Tucker of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BcSrYtYshY

Seriously, how can you talk about people marching/demonstrating in objection to HEALTHCARE plans and turn it into a RACE issue and then go further by dragging Palin into it??? let the race card go and stop with the Sarah Palin comparisons!!! let's look at FACTS of this plan and WHAT people are upset about!!!

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 9:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When they have no good argument on why any of this is a good idea they throw the race card! Every time it is getting so old! There are BLACK PEOPLE who oppose this bill are they racist too??? Come on people try harder!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well, anon... this looks like a question to me:

"how can you talk about people marching/demonstrating in objection to HEALTHCARE plans and turn it into a RACE issue and then go further by dragging Palin into it???"
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't see a question.
    ______________________
    here let me help you!

Seriously, how can you talk about people marching/demonstrating in objection to HEALTHCARE plans and turn it into a RACE issue and then go further by dragging Palin into it???
    Crissy1213

• I agree with you!!!

Last week I saw someone from the White House being asked about the protests to the Healthcare plan and she said "that is the life of the first African American president"....... like the reason why people are against it is because he's black, ugh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• jinx Bexi
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yep and Chris Matthews has stated more then once now that he agrees with her..LOL these people are something else.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• anon - you must not see the question because you don't want to! if you saw beyond those lame excuses, you'll be left speechless, and (gasp) maybe even agree with some of the protesters!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If someone was threatning my family and they happened to be black I would never say "never mind, he's black, I'm just going to keep quiet so no one thinks I'm racist!". Heck no, it wouldn't matter if they were black, white, red, purple or green, you even think about messing with my family and it's on! If the President of the United States is making decisions that I feel are bad for my family and for my country then once again I'm not just going to be quiet because this president happens to be black and I don't want to be labeled a racist. It has nothing to do with race!
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 9:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If Hillary were president they would be telling us that we're sexist.

If John Edwards were president they would be telling us....uh....um....that we just hate good hair.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• While I think it was an extremely inflammatory comment, I think what is being said here is that the people who are screaming and disrupting (not protesting, but preventing others from exercising their rights) have another agenda, since they are not trying to influence people to their side but spreading lies and misinformation in an aggressive way.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009