i have an u/s at 32 wks what is it for?

not that im not excited bc idk the gender an would love to knw im just confused

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you smoke?..... If so it could be to determine if the baby is growing properly.... if not, it could still be to determine if the baby is growing properly.... there is many reason, dont take this personal, i am not saying this in a mean tone but we dont know your medical history and that could have an impact on the reasonign
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• no i dnt smoke but i did recently switch doctors do u think that could be y??
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• that could dif. be y! i get a ultrasound done everytime i see my doc.. it doesnt harm the baby to get it done. i love seeing how much she grown! have fun at ur u/s! goodluck
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had one done at 32 weeks. I was measuring around 40 weeks and doctor wanted to check the fluid and the baby.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• did i mention that i am 32 weeks too and was suppose to have a u/s done this week but my doc went on vac. so i told him i dont mind waiting til he gets back in 2 weeks..(u should be seein ur doc every two weeks by now...then again some docs are dif.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• you could always call the dr. and ask why, or ask why at your next visit if that is before the ultrasound
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had a high risk pregnancy for my first baby. . . She had growth deficiencies. . . they did many ultra sounds of Chris to check his growth which was normal

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• it could be to measure the baby to make sure your still measuring 32 weeks and so on....many reasons.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My doc told me at my first OB appt that I will be getting an u/s at 35 weeks to check for the position of the baby, the amniotic fluid level and my cervical length. I doubt its for the position of the baby because at 32 weeks they can still flip even if they are already head down so probably cervical length
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009