why do men act like babies 1/2 the time???

I'm about at my wits end! I need some support ladies! I've been with my BF for over 5 years now-and we have a 3 year old son together.I love him SO much,but he is just getting on my last nerve SO bad-I dont know what to do anymore! He's 26,but can be SO childish.He thinks he should get whatever he wants,whenever he wants anymore! The main thing is cigarettes! The economy sucks right now,and Ive hinted to him that it's not getting better its only getting worse and that eventually he isnt going to have any other choice other than to quit! His job was only seasonal-so now hes out of work-and looking for a new job-so things are tight-all i want is for him to realize that money doesnt grow on trees! Whenever I tell him we're about broke to slow down he basically "throws a fit",hes worse than our son sometimes! Hes just got me so stressed! I have NO clue what to say or do anymore! why wont he just grow up! GRRR!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i have one who acts the SAME way. And whats sad is it was cigarrettes at FIRST, then i made him quit (which was total hell, he litterally jumped up and down and threw a fit!) Now its just STUFF, and his excuse is "oh i quit we have the money!" Stupid immature children. I just ignore him, and when he runs outta money and needs gas or something i tell him to go pawn off what he bought. AHAHAHa
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I was in your same situation about the smoking thing...luckily my husband listened to me and quit! It's really up to your bf to quit....he needs to realize that his family is more important than spending money on stupid cigs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My personal opinion as to why men are big kids is their broken chromosome. It's that damn Y that lost it's second leg. That little piece must be what has all of the common sense and empathy! If it helps at all, my husband is getting better each year. You have to be willing to put yourself out there and communicate clearly your needs and expectations. Most men truely and honestly don't understand hints, clues or suggestions. They're not wired that way!! Good luck and vent all you want. YOu are amongst friends!
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 9:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've come straight out and told him things need to change-I've told him he NEEDS to stop smoking numerous times,not only because of the waste of money,but because of his heatlh-and the fact that our son has asthma! (although he does smoke outside) but still! I give up on talking to him about quitting though because its like im talking to myself! He's told me the whole time we've been together "im going to quit",it NEVER happens tho-what really irritates me is that he hasnt even TRIED! Ive told him we've been together over 5 years,and have a son together-that should mean more than nasty ass cigarettes,but that just makes him "throw a fit" too! He's 26 going on 2! I'll be damned if I'm going to let our son grow up thinking he can behave this way!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• btw im the "anonymous" that posted the question lol dont wanna confuse anybody lol
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This is just me but, I smoke, I know it is way too expensive, but I am addicted. I would rather cut back on anything else than my cigarettes. I know it sounds bad, and if you don't smoke you can't understand. Pressuring him to quit or even cut down, isn't going to make him do it, it will actually work the other way, because he'll feel more stress and smoke more. He knows they are expensive and knows he needs to at least cut down. Occasionally tell him you noticed that he smoked less today , or less this week, and say Thank You. He'll get the point, and will probaly want to try harder from the positive feedback you gave him.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Unfortunately, because of the loss of control due to the economy many ppl feel like they need to control something in their life. Perhaps smoking is his way of having some control. Then again many ppl smoke more under stress. I hope he listens to you but the more you nag him the more he'll stand firm on what he's doing. You have voiced your opinion so he knows how you think. Don't say it again bc it would serve no purpose other than to start a fight with him. (said with love)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I totally understand that smoking is an addiction don't get me wrong-and it's not the I bug him constantly about quitting or nothing like that...Its just when hes constantly going to buy cigarettes he expects me to just hand him over money anytime he "needs" more smokes...all I want him to understand is that when the money is gone its gone,thats my biggest thing...i appreciate everybodies input!! It helps ALOT! just wanted to add the fact that I dont even have to mention nothing to him about quitting,its just a constant thing with him wanting money everytime i turn around...thanks again everybody!!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009