A Woman President

Do you ladies here think the world would be ready for a woman POTUS? Why or why not?

BEXi

Asked by BEXi at 9:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know I am. Many leaders in the world are now women. Every time I hear this question I remember a conversation I had with some friends in the late 80's. Everyone was saying that it was more likely we would have a Black man as president before a White woman. I disagreed, and insisted there would be a woman first. (This was during the Mondale-Ferraro campaign.) I guess they were right!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• hey we got a black one. Even WITH all the prejudice rednecks. Im sure we WOULD"VE voted for a woman had the only cantidate not been Hilary Clinton lmao.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• As for my opinion, i'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, I would LOVE to see a woman president in my lifetime, as long as she was very qualified for the job. Then on the other hand, there are so many other countries that do not take women as seriously as the USA does (and we know thats not as much as we'd like for it to be).

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• As long as it's the RIGHT woman, not just ANY woman!!!  LOL

wink

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i agree with Lorikeet it has to be the right one and i haven' t seen her run for office yet or she would get my vote.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• There are MANY female "rulers/leaders" in the world today. And you'd be surprised at some of the countries they run - ie: Iran; Iraq(new); Jordan; S.Korea; Vietnam; etc

This is an interesting site:
    http://www.guide2womenleaders.com/womeninpower/Womeninpower2000.htm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Sure y not? Just as long as its not hilary clinton
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Not a fan of Hilary, but it has nothing to do with her gender.
    Plenty of other countries have female figureheads, but those countries are not the perceived heavy weight of the US

Just mho from working with Mds all my life. The woman are more detail oriented and better multitaskers, but also more moody. If the pt is sick, I know what physician I want on call, in terms of skill level and approach. My next thought is always, I wonder what kind of mood she/he will be in-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Sure the world is ready. There are plenty of female Prime Ministers as the other ladies pointed out.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• There are many women who are capable of leading our nation (Nancy Pelosis is NOT one of them!). There have been many women leaders of countries all through history. I don't mean like Queen Elizabeth whose power is not as it was for those who came before her. I mean more like Prime Minister Ghandi, or the lady who was just assassinated (sorry I don't remember her name) Why does the USA act like this is such a strange thing for women to lead. Don't tell Joan of Arc that!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009