my 4 yo son has armpit odor.....

well, it started when it was 3 and i would put baking soda paste in his armpits and that took care of the problem, but now we use an organic fragrance free deoderant and that keeps it under control. everybody i mention it to freaks out and says that there is something wrong with him..... i am not worried about it. what do y'all think? has anyone else had this problem with their kid, and was it an indicator of something horrible? thanks

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would defintely go talk to a pediatrician! He shouldn't have armpit odor until he starts puberty!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't think anything is wrong with him, he's just matureing faster than others. That's it. No need to freak out. smh. And I don't think its a problem eather some mature faster than other. That's it or he has a very overly active sweat gland under his arm or whatever. Nothing to be alarmed about. Just use deodarant. Vioula! {did I spell that right??? lol}
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 10:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• that is normal-- I would used the baking soda though --the other thing you can do to help reduces his smell is give him yogurt frequently (to eat) and when you bath him everyday use dial on his pits
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think it would be worth bringing it to the doctor's attention. Puberty is the onset of underarm odor, but perhaps it is simply sweaty armpits. I assume he washes there every day?

Answer by Bmat at 10:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Underarm odor could be a sign of thyroid problems, best to get it checked out. The doctor might be able to prescribe a soap to help cut the odor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2009