Do you make your husband breakfast, lunch and dinner?

I do, he only cooks when we barbeque... other than that, he couldn't tell you where the can opener is!

msp12r

Asked by msp12r at 9:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm a SAHM and I make all three for the entire family. Hubby does cook when he wants, if I'll let him! Also, he mans the BBQ grill 98% of the time but I still do the prep work and sides also, most of the clean up. I enjoy cooking for my family though!
    TaLouLaBelle

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 2:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Nope, only dinner. He gets up earlier than me to go to work and usually just eats something on the way for breakfast. I've volunteered to pack his lunch the night before but he says he prefers to do it since he may not be hungry for the same thing that I pack him! Truth be told, he probably just eats cookies for lunch and doesn't want me to know! I'm lucky, my guy is very self-sufficient!!!
    ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 9:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My husband is a Chef, so I don't have the same problem. But I cook for everyone else in the household, and on the rare occasions that he is home for a meal, he will sit down with us and eat what I have prepared.
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 9:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• In the beginning, I used to cook a huge breakfast pretty much every morning, bacon, eggs, pancakes, toast, EVERYTHING! (I was auditioning for June Cleaver apparently)I also cooked dinner, but not lunch because he was at work. Then we started to flip flop. I hate Mexican food, so I'm not making tacos. He started to become more of the cook. He likes it more than me, so I cook creative things or harder things when I want (things that require recipes fall into this category) and he cooks simple things, like pancakes, hamburgers, tacos, mac and cheese, etc. It works much better, and we're both happy with it. Neither of us complains about it.
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 9:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hell no! I don't make my DH any of them! We both work full time, and pretty much fend for ourselves. But he usually cooks dinner (I don't cook, and he won't eat microwave food).
    StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 9:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I work full time. We share responsibilities. If I take a day off to do nothing he'll get dinner when he walks in the door. That doesn't happen that often.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 11:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I do on the weekends but then I making it for everyone, during the week it's only dinner.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• He usually doesn't eat breakfast during the week, so mainly lunch and dinner and on the weekends all three
    gcmomx3

Answer by gcmomx3 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I pack him a lunch he is gone before 5am so breakfast is out and I usually make dinner and when it is bbq he will cook wahtever on the grill and I do the rest. On weekends lunch is up in the air I will do it unless it is hot dogs or burgers on the grill I will open the bag of chips!! I enjoy cooking dinner when I get home from work it actually helps me unwind and he will spend time with our daughter out in the yard or playing a game whatever until dinner is ready.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My husband has spit shifts 2 wks he's on nights and then I make dinner and store leftovers for him

the 2 wks he's on days I make him make dinner most of the time. He used to be a chef and I can barely cook to save my soul.

I did make him eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and orange rollsfor him for father's day. The rolls were really Pillsbury's work.
    Sony_0025

Answer by Sony_0025 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008