HR 3200 Promotes Euthanasia (Link to bill and pages)

So if HR 3200 allows for euthanasia for the terminally ill--what's to say it also includes for preemies and low-birth weight babies-- that require extensive NICU care--assuming they are otherwise healthy?!

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text

See pages 425-434
SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION

Here are the excerpts I fond most "interesting:"

‘‘(IV) is guided by a coalition of stakeholders includes representatives from emergency medical services, emergency department physicians or nurses, state long-term care association, state medical association, state surveyors, agency responsible for senior services, state department of health, state hospital association, home health association, state bar association,and state hospice association."

STAKEHOLDERS?!

Continued

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG...it gives choice to patients and their family. Whatever will we do about this!!! RUNNNNNNNN!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Your ignorance and absolute hatred of this president is astounding! The stakeholders are all those listed in the paragraph and the limited interventions refers to the steps usually listed in a DNR. Grow up and stop looking or boogey men where there are none. I am glad you are reading it, but you need to improve your comprehension skills before pontificating on something you so clearly and publicly don't (or want to) understand...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Mrs- resusitation would be contraindicated in a 21 week gestation fetus. I have never heard of baby survivng at this ga and I've been in the business since 1980.
    Check the lastest NRP standards. There are clear criterion established. Parents wishes are encouraged and respected, but not at 21 weeks. Offering false hope would not be in the pt's best interest as there is no medical indication for viability in a pt that ga. Unfortunately, what is often in the best interest of a parent is incongruent with what is in the best interest of the baby/pt.

First do no harm.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Again, I feel the language of the bill not clear enough.If it CAN be read a certain way, you can netn someone IS going to read it that way. They need to slow down and consider it from all angles, not just the we are doing something fabulous and saving our own sorry careers
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• angle.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• That funny word in the center of my post is supposed to be bet. Sorry, still learning to work this thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think some ppl do not think it's ok to let ppl pass away without an icu's worth of intervention. Sometimes the best and most compassionate answer is to let someone die, pain free and surrounded by loved ones or a kind caregiver.

Everyone on this planet will 1 day die. It's not evil, but inevitable.

Grown up concepts, ppl.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009