Has anyone tried the 3 day potty training method

hello I wanted to know have any of you tried the 3 day rtaining method and how did it work? I want to try it but don't want to buy the book

LOl :p)

tyesmommy

Asked by tyesmommy at 10:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I didn't buy the book. But what I did is 1) didn't go anywhere for 3 days 2) got rid of all the diapers in case so neither of us would be tempted 3) gave him pleny of liquids 4) praised him alot (and gave him stickers) everytime he got close to the potty, and even more when he actually used it.

It actually worked great for peeing, but not so well for pooping, lol. He didn't use it the whole 3 days. Eventually, I gave in and put a diaper on him. I waited a couple months more, all the while letting him pee in the toilet whenever he wanted to, suddenly he began pooping (which really surprised us), and is now potty trained.

So anyway, that was just our experience... Good luck!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• *in case either of us were tempted
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I never read the book.. but one day we put her in her panties, she had an accident so was running around naked for a while 15min later she said Mommy I went PP! Right then & there I knew how to potty train her ... so for the next 5 days (just to be safe) she ran around with a nightgown on.. nothing else.. until bedtime.. she was fully PT... and that weekend she went out & had fun & was so proud to be in big girl panties.
    In less than a month she was FULLY potty trained...
    (she was almost 2.5 when she was pt)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It varied for my kids. With my son he was 2 and we did the underwear/pull-ups thing, after like a month he was only wearing pull-ups to bed. Then with my daughter she showed an interest at like 18 months, but when we put on underwear it was too soon, so we did pull-ups till she was around 2 and then within a week she was underwear only. I do have friends that say keeping them in underwear and letting them experience being uncomfortable is the fastest way to get them trained.
    kween17

Answer by kween17 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We did the pull ups for a while but it wasn't until we stayed at home and just put him in underwear and let him mess himself that he finally got it! It took 1 day.
    afbelle021

Answer by afbelle021 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009