shampoo recommendation?

my 3 yr old girl (Caucasian) has naturally curly hair but it seems like over the years we're basically ruining it and encouraging the curls to not be there... which is not our intention. Can someone plz suggest a nice shampoo/conditioner brand for us to try? something for kids (so like no crazy chemicals) that promotes the curls to be present? also... how the heck do I comb it whilst maintaining the integrity of the ringlets? LOL... boy I sure do have a knack for over complicating things. Oy. (PS i see at regular stores special shampoos/conditioners for bi racial or african american little girls. but her curls aren't nearly that plentiful or anything like that....??)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I second the Johnson & Johnson shampoo for curly hair.
    Also brush it out with a comb instead of brush.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Johnson and Johnson has, its either for curly hair or detangling... I have it but honestly cant remember.... Its the green one LOL.... And they have a detangling spray as well. My DD has ringlets, like crazy ringlets.... It looks like she has super short hair but its actually nearly 5 inches long already.... we use both of those and it seems to work for us. What kind of shampoo are you using and why kind of hair does she have? Does she have ethnic hair? My DD is white and puerto rican but got the white girl hair with tons of curls.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Loreal kids Extra gentle 2-in-1 shampoo with a burst of Raspberry for thick, curly or wavy hair
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• im not sure about what shampoo or conditioner to use.. but only brush her hair when its wet. if not her hair will end up frizzy and out of control.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• do not brush wet hair! it will break, cause split ends, and if there is curl present at all, damaged ends will begin to frizz.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Johnsons and Johnsons make a shampoo targeted towards curly hair.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Try California Baby

Answer by rkoloms at 11:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2009