Does it ever seem like even CM members put a "spin" on things?

Is spin avoidable? Or inevitable? Is it possible to present JUST facts in an unbiased way? Just curious what the other P&CE ladies think...

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 10:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally, I think it's unavoidable. And I think a healthy dose of many different sides is how we can best make up our own minds. Jmo... What's yours?
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I see the majority of posts are biased,slanted, manipulated and fabricated. Spin is the word. Most posters are anti-Obama and pro-Republican right-wing extremists. It is really not normal. The lies..... And the strange part is that most posters don't even know how they have been lied to and they believe the lies. Naive and uneducated young women. Girls. Sad isn't it?This is much more than "both sides to the story". It seems to be only ONE side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't know about spin. Its so strange people ask for links, but both sides can't agree on credible links. So where do you get facts from if no one can agree who is giving out facts! LOL...now that I am typing this I am getting a headache! Can't wait to see the rest of the responses!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Way to not have a spin Anoneye rolling

momof030404

• I see the majority of posts are biased,slanted, manipulated and fabricated. Spin is the word. Most posters are anti-Obama and pro-Republican right-wing extremists. It is really not normal. The lies..... And the strange part is that most posters don't even know how they have been lied to and they believe the lies. Naive and uneducated young women. Girls. Sad isn't it?This is much more than "both sides to the story". It seems to be only ONE side

Sad thing is, we believe the same thing about you! Buying into the mainstream media crap and we all know that all politicians lie, to get what they want. And that you assume, because we don't agree with you that we are republican extremist, when most of us are independents and some are converted demos. And yes it is comments like this that shows one's ignorance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

ITA with this statement. I'ts like anyone can find a piece of rhetoric that substantiates their pov. I guess the truth must lie in the middle?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I made a promise the other night to follow all my news to as close to the source as it gets. It's starting to seem like all the media is playing a giant game of whisper down the alley.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I do not know about the rest of you, but I research my pov and know what I'm talking about, instead of just spouting off.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I love coming here because it gives me great jumping off points on where to look- on both sides of the aisle. I enjoy reading and hearing both sides... What bothers me is when I can TELL it is so slanted. Then you are going: Who's right?

Let me give you an example: When my husband deployed they did a huge spouse briefing and talked about how much extra precautions our guys were taking. As prepared as they were going over, they even started finding scrap metal to add to their vehicles to make them even safer. We were told to be proud of our innovative soldiers and rest assured that they were going above and beyond to get back home. A few weeks later I see on the news "Special report: Our guys are so underfunded, they are having to up armor their own vehicles! It's a sad day for our troops!!" WTH?

I see that a lot on CM. I wonder if the people on heard one side, or just only believed one?
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009