Please share your Quiet Time rules

Just wondering how long is you kids' quite time is, and what they are supposed to be doing at where?

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 10:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Kayden is two and still naps most days. If he doesnt nap he still has to stay in his room and read a book or play with quiet toys. The length of time varies though, it all depends on his mood.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When I watch my sister's kids quiet time is when the 2 babies take their nap. I tell the 3 yr old he has to lay down and rest for a while. He usually falls asleep so I don't really have rules. Just don't make noise and don't wake the babies. It is usually from 2-4.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My son is three and does not have any quiet time. He takes a nap daily, but if he's up, it's not quiet, lol. He is very good when his little sister is sleeping to use an "inside voice" and not drive his trucks through the middle of the house, but other than that he's as loud as can be!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 10:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my 4yo has quiet time in his room while i'm putting his baby brother to sleep. usually it's about 15 or 20 minitues and he usually looks at books or plays with trains quietly. he still takes a 2 hour nap in the morning / early afternoon, so i guess that could be quiet time too lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my 3 1/2 yr old doesn't nap most days. so she has quiet time in her room for about an hour. she can do whatever she wants as long as she is quiet, but i usually tell her to just "read" in bed and she'll do that for most of the time til she gets bored with it and find something else to do. and on the days where she needs a nap and won't go to sleep on her own, quiet time turns into nap time b/c she ends up falling asleep
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• 2 hours. They can read (look at books if they aren't reading yet, because this is in the summer with the older ones too), color, paint, play with puzzles, string beads, play quietly with any toy that has no batteries and no screen. Or they can sleep if they so choose. But leaving their room is not allowed. This is 2 hours that I use to clean up the kitchen, living room, or just relax myself, or nowadays, do my homework.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Quiet time in our house is when the little boy I babysit takes a nap. When they finish lunch we wash hands and face then it is the little kids nap time. The bigger kids know they have to go lay down they don't have to go to sleep but they do have to stay in their room and lay down. With me having 3 kids of my own and 3 that I babysit this time is needed for me to get myself together and my house.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have a 1yo and a 3yo - the 3 yo has quiet time while the 1 yo naps in the afternoon. It starts at 2pm until whenever. More often than not my 3 yo falls asleep and sleeps longer than the 1 yo! I make sure to have plenty of things to do in his room and I actually have to lock him in b/c if I don't he tends to wander the house. I usually unlock his door when the 1 yo wakes so the 3 yo can join us whenever he wakes up too. If it has been over 2 hours I open his door so he can begin to wake on his own.
    afbelle021

Answer by afbelle021 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009