if your baby starts crying and....

your in the shower, do you jump out or do you finish if your almost done? i'm just wondering how many moms jump at their kids every little peep, i mean obviously moms arent going to let their babies cry for more than 5 minutes but this has happened to me, he woke up from his nap, i finished and was in there within a couple minutes

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ill finish... i know to not diddle but everyone needs alone time and you deserve it as a mommy
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I take mine at night so thiers sleeping...but thier just long enough to soap up and wash my hair. I don't shave unless my man watches the kids for me.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I let him cry. I will hurry it up though, but I'm not going to skip getting a good shower because I have kids. A good shower makes me relax, which makes me a better mommy. So if he cries a few minutes while I finish up, it's better for him in the long run, then the kids don't have to battle a cranky mommy.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 12:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I shower at night. That way, my husband can watch them and I can actually get 15 or 20 minutes of completely uninterupted "me" time! My husband has learned that this is my time for myself, and he better not come in, or let the kids in, unless it's a strict emergency! If I did have to shower during their nap time and they woke up, I would say that if you're just about done, then finish. As long as the baby isn't crying because he's hurt, a couple of minutes of crying won't hurt anything.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I take really short showers anyway, so I just quickly rinse off and hop out. But the majority of the time during the newborn years, I only showered when my husband was there or when I knew that baby would be asleep for at least 15 minutes.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I shower before he gets up, BUT>>>> if he is awake for some reason and starts to cry, he'll live. I hurry up and finish.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have a newborn and almost busted my ass jumping out of the shower with soap still in my hair because I heard her cry on the baby monitor. Hopefully this will pass but I'm a worry wort even with my ten year old so I doubt it will. I'm the reason parents aren't allowed on the football field during practice, lol.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 8:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I quickly finish showering and attend to the baby. I can avoid it by taking showers when my husband is around but sometimes even mommy has got to go to the bathroom.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009