Jon and Kate have been separated for at least two years!

According to the divorce papers Kate filed back in June, she and Jon have been living "separately and apart" for two years.

If that's true, then why did they renew their wedding vows last year? Free trip to Hawaii?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Entertainment

• Their both extremely selfish and have their own set of issues. I cant stand either one of them. This doesnt surprise me. It was obvious they couldnt stand one another in the last 2 yrs. They only did the renewal show for ratings and for a free trip to Hawaii. I mean, wouldnt you?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• this is the first you are hearing about this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• OP

About them living apart for two years? Yes...I'm a little slow on these things lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I still think Jon was the main problem. I know everyone thinks badly of Kates attitude but I would be b*tchy with 8 kids and a dh that was no help unless I walked him through each step! 8 kids and no order...omg could you imagine the chaos!! And everyone says SHE was money hungry..at least she works and came up with a way to support those babies (without PA too) while it was JON that has no job. As for the wedding renewal....maybe they wanted a free trip...or maybe they thought they were working things out...and then she found out about another woman :( Only they know!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Not true. She had to put that b/c in their state that's the length of time you have to be seperated before filing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Jon worked too...funny how everyone forgets that. And he did help around the home. The problem was that he didn't do it the way Kate wanted. She's a perfectionist and applied her high standards to everyone, inclusing her life partner.

And, if you remember, while she was out promoting her book, JON stayed home with the kids.

But back to the original question, I'm not sure if Kate is lying about the two years or is telling the truth. You never know with her. Her story changes depending upon the show's ratings for the week.

I'm not trying to make Jon out to be a saint, but Kate is at fault too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I thought it was that they just slept apart, you know they didn't share the same bedroom/bed. However, they still resided in the same house. If I can remember correctly when they were still in the old home she spoke of the kids coming to bring her breakfast in bed for Mother's Day as going into Mommy's room - then again when they moved into their new house about how the kids weren't ever aloud in her room as in mommy's room, not mommy and daddy's room but HER'S.

Anyway, they both need counseling if you ask me for the sake of getting along for the kids. Jon needs to grow up and she needs to relax and live life to it's fullest. I recently saw a bit of one of the newer shows (the one where they're camping in the back yard) where she said she's turned over a new leaf in her life, trying things she wouldn't have before - for the sake of her kids. I hope it last. I think she could find someone better than Jon....
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I don't think Jon is looking for anything serious now but a stiff drink and a disposable women. I think he's trying to recapture his 20's. He makes it seem like he was seriously deprived of his youth and if he doesn't live it up now he'll explode. Well, dude your kids need to come first. Not to mention doesn't he see what hand he has in all of this crap and what this may do to his kids now and for a long time to come. What an example he's showing his kids, especially the boys.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think Kate had 9 kids during the marriage! A common problem these days that.... I personally know. T

o answer the question. I read somewhere...(probably some supermarket tabloid standing in line...lol) that in that state, they would have to had been separated for at least 2 years before filing for divorce because she doesn't want/have to give up any monies she made from the sell of HER books. I don't know if it's true...but, I'm sure she's trying to make it true! So, that would make the trip to Hawaii...legit at the time. IMHO

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009