can breastfeeding make your tits sag??? is it painful?? i keep hearing different things.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 10:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its not breastfeeding that makes your boobs sag, its pregnancy!!! Don't let the fear of sagging get in the way with your choice to breastfeed or not. In the end weather you choose to breastfed, or bottle fed, they will still be as saggy as they were gonna get anyway.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• its not the breastfeeding that does it, its the engorgment on them and them getting full and big
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• lmao... pregnancy makes the breasts sag... Regardless of whether you bf or not... Soo not lookiong forward to it but thankfully I'm not huge in that area lol...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 10:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• oh my boobs never got engorged though so mine didnt hurt.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• pregnancy makes your boobs sag, not breastfeeding. research breastfeeding, it's better for baby than formula, it also has benifits for mommy too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Agree with pp - it's pregnancy that makes breasts sag, it's inevitable. Besides once you have kids, you care less about saggy boobs. Get a good bra.
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I couldn't breastfeed, my milk never came in. It is so much better for the baby. But it is the pregnancy not breastfeeding . I went up 5 cup sizes in 6 months (Dcup to Gcup) and NEVER lost any of it, so now , not only do they sag, theyre freakin huge...
    msbell428

Answer by msbell428 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• -BF does not make your tits sage--Pregnancy. Weight gain/loss/Your genes WILL..
    -Is it painful-- "nothing in life is free"... Proper latching is key to not having a painful experience...but breastfeeding is LEARNED. so most moms will make their mistakes & have pain.. but after you have learned to breastfeed it is PAIN FREE! And any pain is well worth it! Breastfeeding has SO MANY benifits for mom & baby!!!
    (formula does nothing but cost cost cost! breastfeeding does nothing but GIVE! )
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You are doomed to sagging in any event, thanks to gravity. Pregnancy just helps gravity along.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It did hurt to breastfeed in the beginning. My nipples got really sore but we worked on the proper latching and used some wonderful gel nipple pads and it got better. After a couple of weeks there was zero pain. Except for when she bit me with her new tooth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009