How am I suppose to juggle working 50 hours a week at 2 jobs, going to the gym, and spending time with my 10 month old son and my husband? I am so overwhelmed with my husband being laid off and he doesnt do any cleaning when im at work so how am I suppose to juggle time to clean in too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• dont work out until everything is straightened out. sometimes you have to give up stuff to build up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• well as far as the cleaning thing, you need to explain to him that if he is the one home all day he should be doing a majority of housework, if it was you home all day he'd expect it of you as well. when it comes to spending time w/them you don't have to do anything crazy and go places, read a bedtime story, crawl around on the floor w/him. and after he goes to bed, you can spend some time w/your hubby watching a movie, even cuddling on the couch while you both read or whatever it is you guys do.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Tell your husband to grow up and clean since he is not working. If he doesn't kick his sorry butt out. You are making the money you don't need him. If he loves you he will help you and participate in the family by cleaning while you work so hard each day. Sorry you are married to a loser.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well, I wouldn't kick him out. I would sit and talk with him about a list of things to be done.

I'd also let some things go. It's exactly what I've had to do because I'm working two jobs too. The house is nowhere near as clean as it should be, but I've decided that's unimportant for now.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would explain to your hubby that since he is home he needs to be helping out around the house.
    There is no excuse for him not to clean around the house, and you need to remind him that. Either he does that or he can get off his ass and find a job so you don't have to work two jobs!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Try asking your husband before you walk out the door to do a few things. "Honey, would you mind taking out the trash and loading the dishwasher for me, it would really help me out." Men don't clean because they don't have a clue what needs to be done. As for the gym, if you clean vigorously enough, you will get a great workout mopping the floors and scrubbing the tub. At 10 months, your son will be thrilled for you to read him a bedtime story and play a game of tickle before he goes to sleep at night. I know its frustrating for you, but things will get better. And before you go kicking your husband out, remember the vows you took. Outside of physical abuse and infidelity, there really isn't any reason to divorce, people give up too easy these days and throw away a great thing in a bad situation and realize later they really should have stuck it out. Good luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Even though you are making the money right now, you still need yur husband and so does your baby. (people who say kick him to the curb have issues.) but that doesn't mean that he is going to get any sex, cleaning or cooking out of you until he figures out a new way to contribuet to the family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think a lot of time men honestly don't see the things that need to be done - maybe you could make a list of two-four things that need to be done, when you're leaving in the morning, just hand it to him and ask if he can take care of those things since you'll be at work and unable to get to them. I can't believe that he wouldn't help out if he knew what to do.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You and your husband need to have a serious "roommate" talk, because he is not being a very good one.

I would cancel the Gym until your financial situation improves.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009