How can I research an old newpaper article about a car accident?

I'm trying to get the whole story about an accident that happened years ago. No, I'd prefer not to ask family member. I don't want to rehash? any feelings. I've tried the post, gazettes, archives....nothing. any suggestions? The accident was like over 10 years ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can go to the newspaper office and ask for a copy, also a library will have archives. All newspaper are on microfilm.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ask if you can look through family pics and stuff. don't make it obvious you are looking for that. i know my granny kept a nice supply of articles about family accidents and obits.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• m-avi is dead on with the correct information. I wanted 2 newspaper articles from one newspaper - one dated in early 1976 and the other dated in late 1978 - they sent me copies of each. I can't remember if I paid for them or not, but if you have to I am sure the fee is small.
    Best wishes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009