Nap Mayhem, desperate mommy and tired baby, help?

my 8 month old wont nap when he is early stage tired and when he finally WILL nap its when he is ridiculously over tired and have been screaming for a half hour. Then sometimes he will wake up like 20 minutes later screaming again. we put him down and let him cry it out but i feel awfull doing it! how long is it ok to let them cry for before i rescue him? and how could improve his napping. oh and i also just went back to work so im gone for 5 hours a day so his naps are crucial to his fathers sanity! lol , so ANY suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do the cry it out thing too. I will let him cry for 10 or 15 minutes, and then I go in and lay him back down, and talk to him for a few minutes. I also have a soft night light that I use at night. He's actually getting better, to where he will sit and play and talk to himself till he goes to sleep. Thats what I do at night.

During the day for naptime, as soon as I notice that he's getting sleepy, I turn the tv down low and give him his bottle and we sit in the rocker with his favorite blanket. He usually goes out in 15 minutes. When he gets really fussy I will take lotion and rub his feet while we are rocking and sometiimes that will help too
    msbell428

Answer by msbell428 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009