Getting your tubes tied???

I recently found out that we r going to have our 3rd child in March and I'm contiplating on getting my tubes tied? Does it hurt really bad, are there any side effects like weight gain, just what are the ups and downs of it? your opinions would help a bunch thanks alot ladies

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got it done after my last...they did it right after the birth so I was still numb from the epidural....it's just a small incision and it was a little sore afterward and the next several days but I didn't have any side effects...I don't have anything negative to say about it...I didn't gain weight...I breastfed so I actually lost weight...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The gas for a week after kind of sucked, but that's it. I needed pain meds for one day and the next I took them to sleep and that was it. Most of that pain was just the air that needed to escape. Just stock up on some gas x before you get it done, I didn't find out til 3 days after that it helped. Oh and take loose pants because you will be swollen from the air. Honestly, it wasn't bad at all.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had a csection so everything hurt. No side effects tho.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• would it leave a scar if i didnt have a c section??
    mdhart03

Answer by mdhart03 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• had mine done when my youngest was about 6months.

they blow you up and a small incision. the gas was the worst for the first week, it slowly seeps out of your system and goes with gravity so i had killer headaches. and then the next week my belly was tender - since they'd blown it up to get at the right bits inside. lol

all in all it was totally worth it. I haven't had any problems and strangely enough my period is back to its normal clockwork.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I haven't personally had this done but I'm working on my third baby as well and don't want any more surprises. Personally I am planning on convincing my husband to get fixed instead. It is a much easier procedure for a guy. It's an outpatient procedure with much less pain and side affects than for women. Besides if you change your mind in the future it is much easier to reverse.
    AFMommy2356

Answer by AFMommy2356 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have a teeny tiny scar in the bottom of my belly button, and yes, I mean INSIDE the bottom of my belly button. That's it. Unless you look closely you can't see it.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009