Introducing baby number 1 to baby number 2...

Gauge is 13 months and we had Jax last week, Gauge has been everyones pride and joy and now he's sharing the spotlight. He isn't mean to Jax or anything but he gets jealous and doesn't know any better when he swats at him.
How can I let him play with Jax without letting him hurt him? And how can I share my time between them?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest daughter, Savannah, was 23 months when her sister, Cheyenne, was born. She waited in the waiting room with family while Cheyenne was being delivered, but as soon as she was born, we had Savannah come in first to meet her. We spent about an hour of alone time, just the 4 of us ( which annoyed the heck out of our families!), then we let Savannah "introduce" everyone to Cheyenne. It gave her some time to meet her without a bunch of adults butting in to see the new baby. Once we got home, I would let Savannah "help" me feed Cheyenne (she would just hold the top of the bottle, while I held it at the bottom) She also loved getting the babies diapers for me when I needed them. I also made sure that after my husband came home from work, he was on "baby duty" so I could spend some one on one time with Savannah. It seemed to really work out for us, because I never really saw much jealousy from her. Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2009