Good exercises for love handles?

It seems like I've gotten used to the ones I've used to do. I want to be sore, that's how I know it's working .I've done the crunch thing where you bring your leg to your elbow and crunches. And the pilates ball. Any ideas?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you get any good ideas let me know .. lol!
    I also want to get rid of the front belly pooch too. I can't do the traditional crunches because it hurts my back REALLY bad.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Regular crunches on a pilates ball work well for the front part. And the ball will support your back better. It's just i'm not sore with anything anymore-except when I do lunges and squats haha.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• LOL .. I may have to get a pilates ball and try it. Since high school I've had problems with the love handles and can't seem to get rid of them either. I also do a lot of walking which seems to help me lose weight, but not quick enough. LOL. And since I've had the baby, I'm lazy and want to sleep everytime she sleeps. LOL.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Take weights (start small and gradually work your way up) and stand straight up with your feet shoulder width apart. Drop to each side still facing front. It's nothing fancy but I always did it in dance and I've started doing it again now. It actually works very well for me but it hasn't for other people. That's the only suggestion I have for you, hun. Good luck!

*Also, google something about exercises for love handles and I'm sure it'll bring up some ideas!
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 11:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• http://www.flat-stomach-exercises.com/love-handles.html

I think i'll try these
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• don't laugh but BELLY DANCING uses the same muscles that pregnancy does so it is really good at strengthing the core muscles not to mention the fringe benefits for hubby watching you practise
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh my gosh!! I've always wanted to do belly dancing, but sadly the place I'm moving too is a small town and I'm pretty sure they don't offer it anywhere. I'm going to do yoga, but that only does so much too.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• get you a dvd and do it at home. word of advice if you do it at home and want to seriously exercise do it when hubby isn't around. but show him some of the moves when youwant his attention
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• belly dancing?? I never even thought of that. I may have to try it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:16 AM on Aug. 13, 2009