Has anyone ever gotten one of those red-light tickets?

I just got my first ticket and I didn't even get pulled over for it. I received it in the mail for running a red light. It sucks, but I'm going to pay it.
Just curious if anyone else has ever gotten one of those.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not yet!! But many times I should have... lol
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No but i might soon! I was driving through a busy town a few towns away and I was behind one of those big trailer trucks. Couldnt see the light and there was a person next to me so i couldnt get over. They went into the turn lane at the last minute. The light was completely red! I freaked for like a mile. I'll be waiting for that ticket. And i not even sure if the light post has one of those camera things. lol
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• LOL. There should have been a sign posted somewhere stating the red light was photo enforced. It's $110 and I wasn't very happy at all. I looked at the video of me passing the red light and I completely remembered where it was. I TRIED to stop, but didn't realize the light was yellow and I was too close to the light to stop at the speed I was going. I was only doing 25 in a 35, but was too close the light. If I would have stopped I would have been in the intersection and gotten a ticket anyway. UGHH .. it's not cool! LOL
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• HAHA - I think I should have gotten more than one, but thank God it was only one ticket ...... so far anyway. LOL
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• lol. I know. It sucks. Im usually so good about being far enough behind those trucks to where i can see the light, but today....ugh. If i get one of those tickets, im going to be so mad. At myself of course.......and i wasn't even speeding! grr. lol.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• we don't have cameras yet but i have been pulled over a few times for runnig a stop sign because the officer didn't see my brake lights go on. i have a manual transmission so i don't always have to use the brakes to stop. i paid them cuz i don't want bad karma getting me the speeding ticket i really deserve
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• LOL mamak57 .. I usually try and pay attention really well when it comes to the redlights because I can't really afford the ticket. I was on my way to my DD's nanny's new house to pick up DD and I was talking to her on the phone (i know - bad mommy shouldn't talk on the phone and drive either - lol).
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I got a warning before they started giving tickets. I was new in town and looking for a doctor's office. It is an unusual intersection with 5 streets and 6 street names. I was really confused and had been driving around for half and hour. I didn't even realize I was going to get it.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My husband did last summer. Yes, that's a sucky little mailbox surprise, isn't it? Hubby was mad, but he even sort of remembered doing it, though he swears the light was yellow, of course.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• vicesix: we can go online and see the video of the "violation" lol. I didn't remember until I looked at the video.
    GailllAZ: good thing you only got a warning.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009