Even after we tell her no...

I have an 18 month old DD and she is constantly getting into things. Okay I know this is normal for their age, but she continually will get into the same thing she just got in trouble for doing. Is that normal? I just figure that after a couple times of getting in trouble for something that she would realize not to do it again.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 12:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Remember as the adult it is your responsibility to be smarter and behave better than your child. If your child is doing something you think is wrong change the situation. If the child is getting into something - move it, block it, make something else more fun to do, ect.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• At that age, the 3 second attention span is a lifesaver for a mom! Distract her with something else and move on. . . its normal for her to keep trying as she is testing her boundaries and seeing what is really "off limits" and what is just kinda "off limits". I've found that distracting them works the best! Good luck :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Nope, that is normal also. she is testing to see if everyone is consistently responding to her. She learns who maybe lets it slide sometimes and who is the hard nose. It only takes one time of letting her get by with something to encourage someone to try it again.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009