How are you coping with high gas prices?

What other changes are you making? Is it affecting your lifestyle a little or alot?

Mountainmom1994

Asked by Mountainmom1994 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• It has affected my lifestyle a LOT. I only go to the grocery store once a week, even if we run out of something, I will find a way to do without until my next scheduled trip. And I have stopped going to church with the boys because I can't afford the additional cost of getting us there and home every week. :-(
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 9:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It is very hard to cope with...It is makes me very angry...But if my husband wouldn't have gotten a higher paying job I dunno how we would be able to afford anything...food has gone up as well and I feel terrible for those who work a minium wage job...I dunno... all we can do is pray i guess..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• it is affecting our lifestyle, as well as those of our children most of whom are trying to launch on their own. i pay much closer attention to what i buy, how much of it i buy, and how often i shop. i have not bought myself any new clothes this spring, and i told both my girls who are still at home that if they wanted things like eyebrow waxing and hair treatments they would have to start paying for them themselves.
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 9:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• No it is not affecting us. We just moved to a small town and just about everything is within walking distance.
    gcmomx3

Answer by gcmomx3 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I work from home so I don't have to drive that much. My husband is taking his motorcycle to work as often as he can.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 1:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It's affecting us a little. I have a tiny economy car so that helps but DH just bought a quad cab truck so we can fit the boys in. That takes ALOT of gas.

I have to drive to work but when I'm home I ride my bike whenever I have to run an errand in town. We ride to the library, pool, grocery store, park etc. the kids love it and I'm finally losing the last of the baby weight! YEAH!!

Hubby has said he is going to start riding his bike to work on nice days. He only works 2 miles from home. Lucky guy.
    Sony_0025

Answer by Sony_0025 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I am sure to shop at grocery store that offer me money off gas :0)
    Bentyswife

Answer by Bentyswife at 2:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My husband carpools to work with a few other people, so each person is only using gas in their car once or twice a week, rather than 5 days a week. I work from home, so I don't use a lot of gas at all which is great. When we can, we drive my husband's sedan everywhere, but since we have 5 kids, we usually end up needing my big car, which is a gas guzzler.
    6IrishKiddos

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 2:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My husband does the same thing. He carpools with his co-workers and they all chip in for gas. I work from home so it does beat having to spend money on commuting and babysitters. The extra money I bring in helps us a lot, so although it hurts to have to pay so much for gas, it really doesn't burn out pocket much.
    MarleneJ74

Answer by MarleneJ74 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2008