Chemical treating hair while BF?

I have super curly hair. Most people think I'm half black because it's soo thick and tight. Anyways, I plan to BF for most of the first year. Is it safe for me to put chemicals in my hair while Breast feeding?

My friend owns a salon and couldn't answer it for me.
I usually relax my hair and about a week or two later darken it. In the fall because it gets soo much lighter in the summer. I'd like to be able to do it about a month after having her because I have a wedding to go to and it makes me feel better. (Especially after the whole 9 months of feeling like poo LOL)

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have never heard of any adverse reaction from coloring/perming/relaxing hair while breastfeeding. i personally colour my hair and breastfeed.

check out what kellymom has to say - basically its safe :)

katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 1:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It's safe.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I asked my doc this question about getting highlights and his response was No it's not safe....jsut b/c you don't know how much is actually getting into your system and it can be risky
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• relaxer is a lot stronger than color or perms in your hair. I'm not worried about darkening it. I just don't want it to ruin my hair. I already have to use dark n lovely for kids.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2009