Realxing hair while BF

Asked it before but wasn't sure what section I'd get the most answers in.

I have super curly hair. Most people think I'm half black because it's soo thick and tight. Anyways, I plan to BF for most of the first year. Is it safe for me to put chemicals in my hair while Breast feeding?

My friend owns a salon and couldn't answer it for me.
I usually relax my hair and about a week or two later darken it. In the fall because it gets soo much lighter in the summer. I'd like to be able to do it about a month after having her because I have a wedding to go to and it makes me feel better. (Especially after the whole 9 months of feeling like poo LOL)

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• yes, you can get it relaxed while bf but not while pregnant, so you're fine
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I relax my hair and I'm pregnant. I'm sure someone will say its a bad idea but I don't think its gonna get in your breastmilk so you should be fine!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I was just worried about the hormones. They say if you bleach your hair while pregnant it can fall out. I know when you breast feed your body gives off hormones longer and I was worried about it affecting my hair. I use dark and lovely for young girls.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• They say the same thing can happen if u do it while pregnant. My hair is still on my head! I think it depends on your hair and how long you leave it on for.

Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can do hair treatments while breastfeeding.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009