Were you able to sleep at the hospital during the 2-3 days that you stay after delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES! I was on a lot of pain meds tho... I had an emergency C and they came in all the time to give me pain meds. I think it was every 2 hours! I never sent my dd to the nursery (don't know if they even had one) and was out 4 days after she was born. However, I didn't more than a few bites a day. I slept a LOT!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Not at all even when the baby was in the nursery. I was nervous about something happening to my baby and the bed was so uncomfortable.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Nope. I couldn't get out of bed or hold my baby without it hurting. Stupid c sections.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I was able to sleep a little bit. I think my husband probably slept way more than me though. Lol. I had a c-section so I was there for about 3 days. The hospital I went to had the option to let them take the baby and put here in the nursery for awhile if I needed but I was so happy to see her that I never did that. She slept in the room with us. So no, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep until 5 months or so later. Lol.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I left about 3 hours after my son was born. We were fine and it was my second baby and I just wanted to get home. As soon as we got home my baby and I were asleep in 5 min.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• gaillz they let u leave that early? they wouldnt let me take my baby home and I was in for 5 days
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think I slept way too much lol, my DD slept good, she always has
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You should get a good sleep if you can't ask the nurses to give you something to help you sleep at least 6 hours the baby will be taken care of. You need to get your sleep at the hospital.

My in laws were abroad and didn't have anyone to help me so I made sure that I had as much rest possible before returning home with the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The last one I stayed 3 days. I knew to take advantage of it. Honestly, I liked being home better. It's more comfortable and you can have the privacy of walking around shirtless and BFing if you chose to.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i haven't delivered yet, but here unless you have a csection or there are problems you cannot stay in the hospital for more than 12-24hrs after delivery so i doubt i will be sleeping much in that time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009