its been 3 weeks since i gave birth, is it to soon to have sex??? im not bleeding any more, had a c-section. im just dying to have sex

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it after a week. Just be careful and make sure u are on the bottom
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• you need to let the INSIDE of your body heal...things are still very fragile and you run the risk of infection. Just give it the 6 weeks and let your poor body rest.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Use a condom! I was fine, I couldnt wait to have sex and it was a good stress relief.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My doctor told me to wait for 4 weeks after my c-section and we waiting about 3 1/2. He said that was fine as long as I didn't have any pain from it. I would also recommend that he be on top but make sure he doesn't lay on your abdomen so you don't have problems with your incision.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would go with what the doctors say about 6 weeks...wouldnt' want to risk any internal hemmeraging...definately rest and if you canot then at least be gentle !
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i did after 3 weeks..i think it was on the day..we used a condom and took it slow..didnt get an infection or anything..i started spotting like the next day but i was fine..at my 6 week check up doctor said everything was good.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We had sex after 3 weeks also but i made him use a condom and if you have any pain i would tell him to stop. Just take it slow and see how it feels, and i would highly recommend a condom. You could risk getting an infection.
    LolaD

Answer by LolaD at 1:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• doctors state too wait 6 weeks because you are at a high risk right now too become pregnant again with hormones so high if you do make sure u use condoms and other forms of protection
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009