i need nice recipes for my toddler he want colours and shapes in food

please if u have some nice and healthy recipes with diffrent taste in it and colours give me in detail so my toddler can enjoy something diffrent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Not very healthy, but I got craayola sugar cookie dough from a fundraiser last Christmas and my daughter loved it!

Use cookie cutters for sandwiches and any other food you can cut with it.

Fresh fruit with yogurts and other things for them to dip.

I don't think it has to be complicated. This is a great time of year to take advantage of all the different types of produce out there. Try new things with him. Like, instead of canned pineapple, buy a fresh one so he can learrn about it.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• make food, like vegies, fun! like broccoli dinosaur trees, carrots magic wands, etc etc. get creative!

pita pizzas. take mini pitas and put your fav. sauce and toppings, and stick them in the oven for a few minutes.

allrecipes.com has great recipes. there are chicken nuggets that come in different shapes. cut out sandwiches with cookie cutters. make food he can decorate with toppings, etc... such as a tostada (make faces or designs with olives green/red/yellow peppers, chopped tomatoes), whole wheat pancakes w/ choc chips, fruit, whipped cream, etc. (cut with cookie cutters into shapes and add food coloring to the batter!), etc. paint toast with jam, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My kids loved fruit salads, chopped salad (bite sized pieces of chicken, halved or quartered cherry tomatoes, cucumber chunks, shredded carrot, chopped bell peppers, small cubes of cheese, and croutons), rice with little pieces of chicken and cooked carrots/green peas in it, scrambled eggs with sauteed bell peppers or spinach (the red and green colors are great!). fruits and graham crackers with yogurt for dipping.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah! I remember my first fresh pineapple! I was like 7 or 8 and I thought it was the coolest thing ever lol.

Anyway, I agree with the PP. It doesn't have to be complicated! Try a fruit salad with a creamcheese dip. It's so good. Not really healthy, but with the fruit it's not too bad.

Parfaits are also colorful and have different textures, and those can be VERY healthy.

Here's a link: Recipes

Maybe just try serving smoothies or something wiht their dinner instead of whatever they usually have, or just give a smoothie as a snack.

Oh, and fruit or something on pancakes or waffles is great lol.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have a ton of recipes for tasty, healthy, budget and family friendly recipes; if you would like some, please send me a message

Answer by rkoloms at 11:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009