Do you have to miss your period to be pregnant?

I need aNwer's!

bellav17

Asked by bellav17 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well really yes you do. But keep in mind that there could be other reasons for your period not showing up as well. An to clarify it isn't that you have to miss your period to be pregnant it's that being pregnant causes your period to be missed. Some women bleed on and off throughout their pregnancies, but it isn't a period. I hope I answered your question. Good luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Nope!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Some people still get their period, but I don't think it's very common. The best way to find out is to get a blood test.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• On occasion you may have one after conception. The egg may not yet have implanted.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes... Being pregnant causes your period to stop.. You might have some spotting which is normal but your actual menstrual will no longer come. People who claim they have gotten their period during pregnancy are mistakenly calling it a period when in fact it is bleeding caused by other situations, such as implantation bleeding or the cervix.
    If your period came(and your sure its your period) and you are on point with your normal cycle, then most likely you are not pregnant.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2009