why does it hurt?

when i wake up in the middle of the night to go pee i hurt really bad, like i can barely walk! i jus went to the doctor and pee'd in a cup but the dr. didnt say i had any infection, and i forgot to ask her about this...im 17 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are 17 weeks pregnant it might just be your ligaments stretching more and making more room for baby. I remember getting terrible pains in my upper/inner thighs and other areas like my pelvis.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Maybe it's the weight. When I started growing (And even now) the baby was constanly on my bladder and the pressure is just too much. It helped me to hold that spot under my stomach, like I was lifting her up until I got to the bathroom to relieve myself.

Not sure what you meant by hurts... sorry

You can always call and ask the nurse.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have a small bladder and the pressure from the baby make it even smaller, Every time my bladder gets too full it hurts... Sounds like you just dont have the room you use to have.. I'm 33 weeks now and been dealing since about 15 weeks... more i get up about every 3 hours
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 1:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• What is hurting specifically? Your hips, belly, legs, feet?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Im 16 weeks and I get that too a lot, the pain is in my left side... Im goin to the docs tomorrow so hopefully they'll give me some answers.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• sorry my belly hurts, like my right side and sometimes my left side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Sorry, a pee cup isn't the best sample, have them do a urine sample where they use a catheter to get a urine sample, my Dr.'s tried to tell me it was a pinched nerve, nope, it was a kidney infection with a blocked ureter, 4 hospitalizations later, I have a nephrostomy tube in my kidney and it hurts worse than before. I'm 30 weeks by the way, do not let it go on as long as my Dr.'s did.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009