will i ever find this?

i am a 20 year old single mom. i really want someone to date. like actually go out like to dinner or movies or fun stuff. i want someone to laugh with have fun and when you first kiss them you get those butterflies in your tummy. it seems like every guy i meet just wants to hang out and have sex. my last boyfriend never took me out on a date or did anything. i just want one guy that likes me for me and wants more than to get laid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I hope you find him hun!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Stop looking for a boyfriend and start searching for a friend. When I met my husband I had sworn off men. I told myself that my next boyfriend will be the man I marry. And he was. Neither of us were looking for a SO. We were just friends. Then we were best friends, and then we got married. Nothing better than marrying your best friend! So, that's what looked for me. ;) Good luck!
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 3:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I feel the same way and at 31, it's not any easier. When me and my ex husband separated I vowed that I would not stay single long, and that I was not going to date around, I just wanted to find someone to take me out, and start a realtionship with right away because I had been alone for so long when my ex husband came along. I just didn't want to be alone again, but that was wrong, a BIG mistake. I wish I had taken more time for myself after the divorce to just get to know me again, and figure out what I wanted because it would have saved me a lot of heartache. Now I just want a friend I can hang out with and do stuff with and see where it goes. Stop looking for it and it will come! Good Luck hon, don't settle!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well at the point in time i met my husband i had had so many bad relationships that i set some rules for anyone i dated, rule 1 they had to have kids and be a good dad; my ex tried to control everything about what happened with my kids and he didnt even have kids of his own and then he would make comments about how ppl with out kids have no right to comment on raising kids ummm hello take your own advice lol, 2 family had to be a top prority for them; my ex would get mad at me if i spent time with my family he didnt understand why i would want to go hang out at my parents house; 3 they had to hang out with my friends; in 14 mo my ex never met ANY of my friends and wouldnt let me hang out with them either; 4 they had to go to church with me by the 3rd date; church is very important to me and the ex would get mad if i went!!! 5, they had to be very understanding about my ex that died and my feelings toward that, cont....
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i still wear my engagment ring from him (clearly on the rt hand now) and the minute the bad ex and i broke up i got my tat for my ex that died; i wasnt even allowed to mention the name of my ex that died when i was with the bad ex and my ex that died died while me and the bad ex where together i wasnt allowed to cry about it from the day i found out my ex that died was still my best friend.... 6, sex was to be brought up on my terms!!! my ex acted as having sex with him was my job and i wasnt allowed to say no no matter the reason!
    well the bad ex and i split up on may 5th may 9th i happened to be browsing around myspace and found a profile that peaked my interest single dad a year old then me full custody of his son and very invovled with his dd, i messaged him we talked on myspace for about a month and he wanted to meet me, in the month we talked sex hadnt come up in convo, i told him he would have to come out with my cont
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• with my friends and i were as i only had one night a week to go out and i spent that night with friends, he gladly came and hung out with my friends, i found out like me he did family day every sinday with his sister and her family (just like me :) ) by the 4th date he went to church with me, my kids adored him, his kids like me, with in 24 hours of meeting he told me he was head over heals in love with me mainly based on our talks, he was the first and only guy to actually take and interest in my ex that died and ask me questions, the one year ann of justins death was a few weeks after we started talking online and the ann he stayed up all night talking to me because he knew i was having a hard time; by 48 hours i told my sister well he says he loves me lets put that to the test i told him we should run away and get married, we were married 3 weeks later lol i found everything i was looking for nd so much more so my advice
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• sit down and make a list of the things that are important to you in a relationship and the things you want... and stick to it! if you met a guy you like and he doesnt meet up with your list say thank you see you later... do not settle for less then you deserve in the long run you will regret it but its easy to find what you are looking for when you have a clear list of what you are looking for
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009