hospital question

so my sisterin laws sister is goin to have a baby soon. her ex boyfriend, the father of the baby, has a new girlfriend and has been threatening to have her there at the hospital when the baby is born. i told my SIL that she should jsut tell the doc that this is going on and it would make it to strssful knowing that shes waiting to see the baby and they are causing all of that crap. is this right. i thought that if you dont want someone around your baby, there is something that you can do, isnt there?

trelyn

Asked by trelyn at 1:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sure. Just have security escort her out. And if "daddy" can't act right either -- he can be removed, too. It's completely mom's call as to who is there & who isn't...and they can't turn baby over to ANYONE who doesn't have the matching bracelet -- so just don't let anyone else have one.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh yes. The girlfriend can wait to see the baby as long as she wants but she's won't. Tell your sister in law to not let them take the baby to the nursery either. Unless she is gone and make sure someone is outside that nursery so she doesn't come back
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• see thats what i thought. its the saftey and stability of the mom that needs to be considered. i said if shes stressed, then the baby is going to be stressed.
    but you know how everyone tells everyone else somethign different
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 1:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• totally up to her. she can call security if she needs to.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• if she don't want him their don't go in the hospital as a no info patient. i wish her luck but the new girl needs to back off. she didn't help in the making of the baby.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 4:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would be opening a can of woop ass- Thats RIDICILIOUS! You can have her be escorted out, also, I wouldnt allow the father to come either, just to avoid the drama, My kids dad is doing the same thing to me right now- I made it clear that he or his girlfriend show up, it will be the first and the LAST time he see's that baby... I don't need some 18 year old newer and improved modle playing HOUSE with MY child. Best thing about breastfeeding- I don't have to let him have any visitation until The baby is off the boob, and I don't have to let ANYONE in my home.... Something to think about! good

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 7:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• she can tell the nurses who will tell security. they will make her leave and she won't be allowed back in the hospital.
    i would tell your ex that if he wants to see the baby, then she can't come. and that if she does show up, she will be escorted out along w/ him too.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009