Is it easier to raise two kids around the same age? Do they get along better?

My DH and I are wanting to have another child, he thinks they will be great friends while they grow up the closer in age they are. So, I am wondering if that is true or not, I am a twin and we did not get along until we were older but we are also boy and girl twins so I think maybe that is why we didnt get along so well.

tracys_75

Asked by tracys_75 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i belive in enjoying one kid at a time,think about it chances of them getting along great is slim chances of them fighting all the time lets see 80%
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• There was an article in one of my magazines and from polls and research they concluded that the best age gap is about 4-5 years apart.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• sometimes. my youngest are 20 months apart. at first it was crazy, my son is 14 months now. i love seeing them play. my daughter is almost 3 adn thye wrestle and she helps him get into stuff. i love watching them, he copies her and they dance together and snuggle. i love it. they play better than my 7 year old
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 1:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• it can go both ways. i heard they can be great friends if they are closer. and if they are far apart like 5 years...they wont be close cuz they dont have anything in common. but i will tell you...my daughter and her cousin are exactly 9 months apart and i watch her a lot. it is HARD! they both get into everything all at once. they are partners in crime.they are both in diapers. but the plus side of it is....my DD has someone to play with. they loooove playing with each other. but they DEF act like sisters rather than cousins. they fight over everything haha.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• lol, ok thank you all!
    tracys_75

Answer by tracys_75 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have 2 girls who are 14 mo apart in age...they fight like there's no tomorrow! They get along for about the first 15 min. after they wake up then its a war all day long. I am praying they start getting along better as they get older but who knows!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i think they will be closer in the long run..i only have one child but me and my brother are a year and 4 months apart and were super close..always have been! we fought too, but it dont matter what the age difference is, theyre gonna fight...i want mine close together because thats how my brother and i were and i loved it.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yes my kids are 1,2,and 3. they wouldn't know what to do with out each other. yes they fight but it is wonderful i was the only child until i was 11 so i always wanted my kids to be close in age.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 4:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My sons were three years apart. They got along until the youngest one became mobile. Then it was all out the window. Now that they are adults, they are fine. They were best man at each other's wedding. My oldest son paid $1000 for a ticket from TX just to be in the wedding and flew back the next day. Funny thing is - they could fight each other, but at the same time, you had better not mess with one because the other one would kick your butt!!!
    jsp1959

Answer by jsp1959 at 7:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I don't have a good answer. My two oldest are 3 1/2 years apart and at 5 and almost 2 it seems to work out. They are just getting to the point where they are jealous of each other's toys which can be irritating.

However, little man due in 2 weeks will be exactly 2 years younger than my 2nd, so they will be fairly close. I am hoping that it works out for them to get along, We'll just have to see as time passes.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009