Cps Is trying to take her kids away!

My friend needs help and i can't think of any where else to go. She was friends with this guy who got all pissed off because she wouldn't date him, and then he got arrested cause he beat her up for it. now he's called Child Protective Services, and thrown the whole whopping book at her! Abuse, Necglect, Improper living conditons, Malnurishment, Alcohol abuse, drug abuse, Child endangerment... you name it! This is a woman who is so close to me that I think of her as my sister, and I tell you that Her kids mean EVERYTHING to her. Her kids are never left alone, hungry, dirty, or in any situation that would put them in danger! She has used pot in the last couple of days and CPS is demanding a drug test. Everything else she can diprove, but this. Does anyone know if they candemand this with out a warrant/cout order. What can she do to fight if it comes back positive? What are her options? Any help apperciated!

inmyownworld

Asked by inmyownworld at 1:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• she sounded great until you said she smokes pot,so part of what he is saying is very much true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Why would she smoke pot if she knew that CPS was after her? That's stupid. Maybe she doesn't care about her kids at all.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can buy detox for her to drink. Make sure she follows the directions to a T
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• wow tcarter that wouldnt be a real answer tho
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• drink 3 glasses of water w a cap full of bleach n it that will make ur pee clean it works better then payin $40 for a drink that isnt garunteed to work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i think its her own that got her into the mess. someone would have called eventually. how old is she. its time to grow up. you have to put your kids before your addictions.
    on the other hand. i dont thin kthey will make as big of a deal if its jsut pot, but drugs are drugs. and they may see it as, hey if that part is true, then maybe the rest of it.
    i hope it works for the kids.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 1:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Children are not removed because you smoke pot.
    If she smokes pot with her kids there; where they are subject to it; then maybe.
    If she has food in the cupboards and refrigerator, the kids are not all bruised up, she has not been in trouble for drugs before, she makes sure that they are healthy and clean.....then do not give CPS that much credit.
    First of all CPS has to make a claim to the police dept. and then they will act.
    Everyone freaks out when they hear CPS.
    Live right and take care of the kids and CPS won't have reason to come knocking.
    Again....CPS does not have that much power.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• They do hair follicle tests for cps drug tests. They force her to do anything but with the same court order that requires the drug test they can remove her kids if that is what the judge decides.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• How about some spelling and grammar? If she really does take care of her kids, then there is nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• IF she takes care of her kids, there's very little to worry about. My ex has called CPS on me twice in the past 3 years. They come out here, because they are required to every time there's a complaint, but nothing has ever come of it.
    I don't know about the drug thing, I don't do drugs so it wasn't an issue for me. IMO, if she's a single mom who is solely responsible for her children, she shouldn't be doing drugs in the first place but there are tons of addicted parents out there who still have their kids.

Answer by missanc at 8:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009