Carseat ?

How do I measure my DS's torso? I think he has outgrown his harness and want to measure to be sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Measure his torso by sitting him against a wall and measure the length from his seat to his shoulders. If he rides forward facing he needs to be under the weight limit, his shoulders below the top harness position, and his ears below the top of the shell. If he rides rear facing then he needs to have 1" of shell above his head (although some manufacturers allow the head to be even) and be under the rear facing weight limit.
    xmum

Answer by xmum at 10:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It should be the whole length of ur baby to fit the specs of the car seat!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• He is under the weight limit but I can not find anything about the height for his seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• as long as there is more than 1 inch of hard shell above his head it is safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• As long as there is 1 inch of shell above his head does NOT hold true for all carseats! I really get tired of reading that bit of misinformation! It could get a kid killed!!

Call the manufacturer of the carseat. Ask them. Have the model number ready.

It should be in your manual for the seat though...mine has it on a sticker on the seat, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009