Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you rekindle your love life when

I have been with my husband for 25 yrs now, We share kids and grandchildren , He is 9 yrs older then me teases me saying he raised me, I have loved him from the first day i met him ,And still nothing has changed my love just gets deeper with him , I care very much about his well being, And through out the years our love life has been exciting and wonderful, He made me feel good in all areas of my life,Untill 2 yrs ago when he got sick with diebetes, unfortunetly for my husband he lost his sex drive, and has never got it back, Keep in mind nothing has changed i still love him but im very miserable and so is he! I have to be cery careful not to let on that it has effected me, Help Help ! I will vow to never cheat on my husband i dont wont anyone else I love him, Am i to except this and go on or is there help for me?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • I can help you with this issue. I am a Slumber Parties consultant and Enhancing the Romance is my specialty. Please send me a private message and I can better help you with this issue.

    Answer by melliesmom1207 at 2:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Has your husband lost the desire for sex or the ability to have sex?  If it is the latter then he needs to talk to his doctor.  A simple prescription for Viagra may be all you need.  If it is the former then you need to talk to him about it.  He may be scared that sex can cause further health problems and again, he needs to talk to his doctor about his physical limitations.


    Answer by beeky at 8:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • This is one of the side effects of diabetes and may have to do with some of the medications involved, too. Have you talked to your doctor about this problem? It might be that you could switch medications. Diabetes affects circulation, too, so if he has damage there, that could be the problem. The doctor should be able to tell you the extent of that damage.

    Answer by NannyB. at 8:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.