I'm thinking about getting preg. but this will be my first one. I'm scared, does that mean I'm not ready?

scrappy5

Asked by scrappy5 at 2:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think that being scared means you are not ready. It was very scary to me. All of the what ifs. It's a new experience and you know that your life is going to change. If you are planning on getting pregnant then you must be ready. If you have serious doubts then wait awhile.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Honey, no woman is EVER ready. Children don't come with instruction manuals- and you live and learn. Just make sure you realize that having a baby is a MAJOR change in life style. Make sure both you and your significant other talk about the pro's and con's and once you come to your conclusion- then go for it.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 2:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i agree you can never be ready until after you've had one..and everyday your learning..it dont matter how many books you read or how many classes you take..the only thing that gets you ready is actually having one...its such a change tho..i was well aware of what i meant to have a baby but i had no idea it was going to be THIS different..i love it, dont get me wrong..just make sure you talk about it and make sure your both ready to be able to communicate no matter what is going on, because it does get stressfull and if you dont express what your feeling to your partner then it ends up coming out in a way you didnt mean for...im learning that the hard way..good luck to you..dont let anyone scare you.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I was 29 when I got preg with my 1st and you'd think I was ready NOPE scared to death I am currently carrying baby #2 and not as scared this time around good luck
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If you're scared, that means you're smart. Having a kid is a HUGE responsibility!
    brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 10:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009