Young Moms!

It seems like every time I go somewhere I get judged by EVERYONE! My kids are always dressed well and fed but the looks never stop coming. How many of you have to deal with this also? And what do you do about it? I don't really care what others think but its getting really old!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The young factor isn't a big thing with me. I'm 24. What I do get crap about is the fact that I'm Mexican and my son looks like a total white boy. I always get asked, "Are you the babysitter".. and at first, I thought it was funny- but when it happens almost everytime I go out- it gets a little annoying.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 2:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I ignore it. I'm 22 and i have a 4yr old and a 3yr old from different fathers. (i did not give birth. i just raise them). And my DH is deployed so i look like a single young mom with 2 kids from 2 different fathers and i get all sorts of looks. Some days it pisses me off. but most of the time i just ignore it. They arnt worth my time or energy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had my first when I was 17, my second at 19. If people have ever given me looks, I haven't noticed. An old lady actually scoffed at me when I told her I was pregnant with my third (I was 22 at the time). I just laugh on the inside. If they're judging you, it reflects poorly on themselves, not on you.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 2:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• For me it happens not only of age! I get mean stares because of our color difference as well! I just shrug it off and say YES I GAVE BIRTH TO THIS BLUE EYED BOY!LOL
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Mothers are judged no matter what their age, color, sexual preference, religious beliefs, or parenting styles.
    It is sad, but it seems compassion and understanding just haven't caught up to most people yet.
    I praise all moms who try their best and love their children. That is all that matters.
    Ignore the ignorant - please don't let their opinions affect you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I laugh when I think how ignorant people are today- My doctor, she looks like she is 24-25 she is 33 with 5 kids and running her own private practice!!! I was talking to her about my insecurities about being a young mother...I'm 21, and she said to this day she still gets dirty looks, people will judge, its just how it is. Take her for a GREAT example, people don't know her, people don't realize her and her husband are both established DOCTORS...they assume she is just one of those young mothers with 5 kids on PA!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 7:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009