Chevy Volt 230 MPG??

Why after all this time is the auto business able to make a car that can go 230 miles per gallon? Where was these cars before? Does anyone really believe that now all of a sudden they can produce these?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 2:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they're under pressure to make something great .This car is 40000 and not a whole lot of people are going to be able to buy it so it was kinda pointless to begin with.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree Sara. The general public can not and will not pay $40k for a car. This is just another way for the brain dead auto business to try to suck major dollars out of people. I am cuious as to how many they will sell in the first year.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My dad's neighbor got a Dodge in 1955 that got over 50 mpg. The people from HQ showed up to buy it back from him, and had to fight him for it. They paid him 100k, and he got a brand new car every year after that until he died. I thought my dad was full of shit, until I met a few other people from where he grew up, and asked them, and they all remember going out with this guy and driving ridiculous distances on one tank of gas.

They have had the tech for a long time. They just cannot afford to hide it any longer, but they WILL make you pay with body parts for it.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Go watch "Who Killed the Electric Car" sometime. It's on Netflix streaming video.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We should all ask the question how many gallons of gas it will take to charge the car??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• LiliM
    I have a friend with a similar story. his dad created a car in his garage that got like 50 mpg and made the mistake of telling everyone and drove it around. From what he says, government officials took his car out of the garage and told him to not ever do anything like that again. Do I believe him? I'm not sure, his son swears it happened but the dad was a bit weird anyway.
    Your neighbor didnt live in Moulton, AL did he?!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• This car is going to solve - what? Electricity is produced by burning coal, nuclear energy, or the few hydro-electric plants. It is a red herring, and with a price tag of $40K, I won't buy it. I have a hard time paying $25K for a car. I mean - it is just a CAR! I didn't pay but $38K for my first house! I damn sure won't pay more for a car than I did for a house.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009