have a question??

im 34 weeks and having really bad pain in my lower back and cramps like period like cramps in my lower abdomen ive been having a yellow mucous like substance come out for the past week hv any of u experienced this? do u know what this could be? this is my first pregnancy any advice is really appreciated i wanna know if this can wait till my appt tomorrow or if i should call l&d?
thanx

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that may be you thinning out,yes go to the ER! you may be in labor those are labor pains!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I haven't gone through that, but I would call and see what they think. Let them know that you have an appointment tomorrow. Good luck!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yellow discharge would make me a little nervous, I would call just to see what they think? But at this time it could probably wait til your appt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would wait till your appointment. If your really nervous about it then just give them a call but you have an appointment tomorrow and tell them that.

Another thing I try very hard not to take any advise from a mothers helper at all. If you don't have children then you have nothing to offer me for advise. (I am not trying to start trouble.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i have 4 children thank you very much GiGi!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• if you post your kids i guess that is proof well too bad!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Mothershelpers

Why the hell should she go to the ER (or L&D) for possible thinning out? Thinning out at 34 weeks is totally normal! Its people like you who scare moms to be! Assuming your guess is correct (and I do agree, she is probably thinning out) then there is NO reason what-so-ever to rush to the hospital, or to the doctor for that matter!

Period type cramps are normal from here on out in pregnancy. Your body has alot of changes to make prior to labor & delivery. I personally would not go to the doc, L&D or ER for discharge (as long as it doesnt itch) or for period type cramps
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009