Is this normal? (After a check for dilation)

So, I didn't get to see my normal doc today (I am 38 weeks) because he was running close to 2 hours behind. He hasn't been checking me because I am having a c-section on the 21st. I am ok with that because I remember it hurting before. Today the doctor, well physicians assistant, that I saw did check me. I am not dilated and only 50 % thinned out.. not that it matters!

All day since then (about noon) I have been so sick to my stomach, with occasional back pain. Not only that, when she checked the heartbeat with the doppler, she said she could hear the baby but the machine wasn't picking up the number of heartbeat per sec.. And with not feeling good I haven't been feeling my little one move around to much.

Is this normal, or should this be cause for concern? Should I call someone and see if I should go to L&D or wait and see if she's just having a lazy day in the belly?

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 4:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would wait.....thats just me though, if you think you should go then you should. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• when i was in early stages of labor i started getting nausea and some pain, and my DD kinda stopped moving too, i think you should call L&D and ask them if you should go to the hospital and check if your close to delivering congratulations! =D how exciting!!!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I got checked two days ago- and I was in HORRIBLE pain for a little over 24 hours- cramps, horrible back pain, pain in my abdomen...I will NOT let them check me again, when it happened it happens, end of story. Also, since he just dropped (Im 38 weeks as well) I haven't felt him move but 2-3 times a day. I wen to L&D all scared last night, he was doing great, they told me there movement completely decreases close to labor. It might be a sign that you'll pop before your scheduled Csetion.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You could call the L and D department and ask them what they think.

My little dude had a very lazy day it started two days ago and went until yesterday afternoon. I called and they had me do a non stress test and he was doing fine. Since then he has gotten a LOT more active than he had been for that lazy day. I am so relieved. Little stinker just had to take a day off I guess.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 10:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009