so im broke but but i want to make little 2 bed 1 bath. more like a welcoming home on a budget!

how do i that..?? seroiously to me it seems decorating costs soo much.. and i have limited money.. lol. my ds will be turning 2 very soon.. his room has no real direction.. mybe i could paint it a nuetral blue.. we just moved here in april.. AT the time we were more poor then broke.. now i have a small amt of money where i can start spending to make our place ours. but this stuff doesnt come natural to me. we rent but they dont really care what we do..our couches are kinda of nt change able..they are a deep green.. i love them..we spent alot on money on them awhile back.. they both recline.. any cheap decoration ideas.. would be very much appreciated.. at this piont we have a bed spread on our bed from 20o3 its a deep rich red..ive loved it . but now 6 yrs later im ready for some change.. i thought mybe purple and yellow.. dh thought i lost my mind... I DUNNO any i IDEAS would be great.. OUR little home is beyond boring!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I went on line and got wall stickers for both of my girls room, about 100 total it really changed the room and then slowly got bed sheet to match. My hubby is making a trunk that I will paint to match and I found some cute huge stamps to give it some character. You can also try stencils to give character without blowing the budget. We also use family photos as wall decorations
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Target has some really cute wall stickers. When my DD was little, I got those in a Disney Princess theme & Princess sheets for about $20 at Target. Then, I just used a regular household blanket for her blanket - I think it was yellow & matched Snow White's skirt. You might also try Freecycle (www.freecycle.org) or Goodwill or Salvation Army. They usually have some clean, gently worn items for not much.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ok... for your ds's room... paint in a light boyish color... or a netrual beige... now what is your son into? Bob the bulider? Spongebob? how about fire trucks? construction trucks? sports ? whatever he is interested in now, find pics, maybe an t-shirt/jersey that is to small... using the pics, maybe a poster or two (you can find at thrift stores) hang on walls once paint is dry... scattering .. hang jersey (if into sports) maybe pics of family in nice frames... maybe you can find a chalkboard at a thrift store... attach it to the lower half of his wall... (prevents coloring on walls)
    Thrift stores also may have borders, if there is one you like or may match an idea get it and apply it to the center of the wall instead of top ....
    As for your furniture... I use solid color sheets... I am a thrift store junky... I find queen/king size solid color sheets... and cover my sleepersofa and love seat with them...
    Cont....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• cont....
    I swap the sheets out weekly... find some throw pillows to toss on the couches... if you can paint the living room in a neutral color.... or one wall a solid color and the rest a beige..(my dining room is one wall dark red and others creme) using the colors you choose to collect some items to add thru-out the room... vases, pictures, if you have a coffee table, use runners on it... As for your bedroom... find a color you like or 2 colors, and work with those as you do the othe rooms... like I said the thrift stores are cheap and you can find some really unique things there to use....
    Good luck and have fun...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Go down to the local used bookstore and get a bunch of cheap home decorating ideas. Find some rooms that you just love and duplicate them to the best of your ability. The store Ross has a home section that has super cheap home decorations too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i had the same prob. this is what I did. Living Room, I bought pic. frames(dollar store) and took a bunch of my kids pictures and grouped them together and made a collage. Same color frames though otherwise it'll look tacky. room looks totally different. Toss pillows on the couch and I'm getting 2 posters from allposters.com from van gogh and I'm framing them and putting them in the living room.

Kitchen- I just changed the curtains and mini blinds, got a plant and added a bowl to the kitchen table w/fruit. slice rug in front of the kitchen sink.

my bedroom. bought new curtains (cheap from target) got a comforter cover from IKEA for $30 queens size and put a large picture of my kids above the bed. my room was transformed. a vase from IKEA , ikea has really nice onces, or dollar store and flowers.
    baby's room, just follow the girls above me, there ideas are great.

just some things i did to spruce up my apt. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree that wall stickers are great, easily removed and changed around. Try a nice throw and pillows on your couch, they make a world of difference. The generic paint that is sold at Walmart is relatively inexpensive, if your landlord allows I would suggest painting. Browns and blues are hot colors right now, or blue and yellow for the baby's room would be cute. Don't spend alot on fancy bedding, use neutral colors in your bedding and make the room pop with your paint colors. IKEA is an awesome place to go for art, vases, frames and candle holders, I suggest adding a few candles to your rooms, they make everything look warm and inviting. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ikea is very good for people on limited budgets
    connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I was recently at a truck center buying a tow truck & asked if there were any old posters, etc. I got a 2006 calendar with beautiful black & white pictures of different *big* trucks (semi, etc). I am going to look for inexpensive frames & group the pictures. I noticed that they also had brochures for new trucks with color pictures which could be cut & framed. (also could check car dealerships.... ) My grandson thought he had died & gone to heaven! lol I, too, use Freecycle & Freesource which is found on yahoogroups.com - everything is free - you wouldn't believe what people post (I gave away a working water heater). I love dollar stores, too! I also check end caps (at the end of the aisles) in Wal-mart, Target, etc for clearance items - check frequently because things change often - eventually there is something that you can use. Some movie theaters will give away their kid movie posters if you ask. Good luck!!

nollick

Answer by nollick at 1:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2009