Who are they?

These Stakeholders... Lets quote the bill! This stood out at me when I was re-reading the bill.

Sec. 1152 POST ACUTE CARE SERVICES PAYMENT REFORM PLAN AND BUNDLING PILOT PROGRAM

Sub section (C) Consultations and Analysis

(1) CONSULTATION WITH STAKEHOLDERS- In developing the plan under subsection (a)(1), the Secretary shall consult with relevant stakeholders and shall consider experience with such research studies and demonstrations that the Secretary determines appropriate.

This is Sub sec. A (1)
Plan-

(1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary of Health and Human Services (in this section referred to as the `Secretary') shall develop a detailed plan to reform payment for post acute care (PAC) services under the Medicare program under title XVIII of the Social Security Act (in this section referred to as the `Medicare program)'. The goals of such payment reform are to--

Cont....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• (A) improve the coordination, quality, and efficiency of such services; and

(B) improve outcomes for individuals such as reducing the need for readmission to hospitals from providers of such services.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh good!!! So it's NOT just me who is apparently lacking in reading comprehension skills!!! LOL (sarcasm)

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/269212/HR_3200_Promotes_Euthanasia_Link_to_bill_and_pages

I too, want to know who these "STAKEHOLDERS" are....who has more of a vested interest in me and my family than I do!?!?!? 

I simply cannot imagine ObamaCare supporters reading this, and not getting just a wee bit "concerned!"  100% blind trust is not a good thing--ESPECIALLY where the government is concerned!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• CLINICAL PREVENTION STAKEHOLDERS
    BOARD.—

‘‘(1) INGENERAL.—The Task Force shall con-
    vene a clinical prevention stakeholders board com-
    posed of representatives of appropriate public and
    private entities with an interest in clinical preventive
    services to advise the Task Force on developing, up-
    dating, publishing, and disseminating evidence-based
    recommendations on the use of clinical preventive
    services.
    MEMBERSHIP.—The members of the clin-
    ical prevention stakeholders board shall include rep-
    resentatives of the following:
    ‘‘(A) Health care consumers and patient
    groups.
    ‘‘(B) Providers of clinical preventive serv-
    ices, including community-based providers.
    ‘‘(C) Federal departments and agencies,
    including—
    ‘‘(i) appropriate health agencies and
    office
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Office of the Surgeon General of the Pub-
    lic Health Service, the Office of Minority
    Health, and the Office on Women’s
    Health; and ‘‘(ii) as appropriate, other Federal de-
    partments and agencies whose programs
    have a significant impact upon health (as
    determined by the Secretary).
    ‘‘(D) Private health care payors.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• So, for the most part the "stakeholders" are special interest groups and/or lobbyists?!? I feel so much better now!! (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well, I'm not defending it or criticizing it, I'm just answering the question. Though I will say that lobbyists and special interests are not ALL bad, just like unions are not ALL bad, just like conservatives are not ALL bad.

Haha, I through that last one in there for fun. I'm just teasing :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ** threw** not "through" sorry.
    beckcorc

• Why are these people "stakeholders" and the rest of society isn't? Don't we have just as much at stake as these appointed few? They are to be APPOINTED which means the public can't require they be fired if they don't perform their job correctly. They were never hired so they can't be fired. Appointed means the position could very conceivably be a political reward. Appointed means that, like the ever growing list of czars, the appointees don't have to be vetted. They just have to know someone. This is the stuff that is so scary to me.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009