What is your opinion?

Sec 1151 REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL RE-ADMISSIONS.
Sub Sec (c) (ii) EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN RE-ADMISSIONS- For purposes of clause (i), with respect to a hospital, excess re-admissions shall not include re-admissions for an applicable condition for which there are fewer than a minimum number (as determined by the Secretary) of discharges for such applicable condition for the applicable period and such hospital.

Sub sec (E) READMISSION- The term `readmission' means, in the case of an individual who is discharged from an applicable hospital, the admission of the individual to the same or another applicable hospital within a time period specified by the Secretary from the date of such discharge. Insofar as the discharge relates to an applicable condition for which there is an endorsed measure described in subparagraph (A)(ii)(I), such time period (such as 30 days) shall be consistent with the time period specified for

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• such measure.

How do you feel about not being able to be readmitted to a hospital for 30days?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• That is not what it said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• That is not what it said.
    _________________
    So tell me what does it mean? I asked for your opinion please share!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• OP--
    It's obvious that this bill is INTENTIONALLY vague and open to many different interpretations--that's government for yah!!! And I find it MORONIC that MANY of those who support ObamaCare come across like they are experts in legal mumbo-jumbo, when they don't have a clue either!! Heck, I'll bet each politician (most of them being lawyers) interprets the wording differently too!!

Liberal, Democratic, and or Obama supporter CafeMoms would rather just insult you for not supporting Obama or the bill (HR3200) instead of actually trying to help you to comprehend it!!!

I read it like you did....be I can see where it can easily be misinterpreted...anyone who tells you otherwise (the proverbial CafeMom experts if full of BS--since they cannot be bothered to expand on their answer with a tangible reason).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• What confuses me about this proposal (entire bill) is that so much is left up to the not yet named secretary or commissioner. There is so much left to be determined. I think that is what is scaring people. They read subsections such as this, forsee situations, and realize things could be really bad. The specific guidelines are yet to be decided. It could be 30 days as the example offers. It could be longer. It could be never. With the restriction on private companies for recruitment and enrollment, that person who is be restricted could be me or one of my family. I don't think so. Thanks, but no.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009