My daughters 6 mo check up is coming up soon....

What can i expect?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hello! My granddaughter had her 6 month visit yesterday and I can tell you what her visit was like.
    It was actually like her 2 and 4 month visits - the nurse will weigh her, measure her length, and the circumference of her head. She will ask questions about her development, her eating habits, and any questions you may have for the pediatrician.
    The pediatrician will then come in to examine your baby - her eyes, ears, nose, throat, abdomen, etc. like any other physical and then answer the questions you have. The pediatrician will then tell you which immunizations your child will be receiving that day, if you immunize, and then tell you the nurse will be in to administer them.
    My granddaughter received the oral immunization and three syringe immunizations in her legs, 2 in one leg and 1 in the other.
    These are the basics of what my pediatrician does with my granddaughter so your visit may be similar or a little different.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• (Ran out of room above)
    Just wanted to say to be prepared by bringing some Tylenol and giving the proper dosage to your child at the beginning of your visit so that it will be working when she receives her immunizations. The nurse can help you with the dosage amount if you aren't sure.
    Have a good visit - the ending is always the hardest part because it hurts us emotionally as much as it hurts them physically to be poked at.
    The pediatrician should suggest a 9 month visit - just as a general visit to check the basics (no immunizations).
    I wish you, and your child, well. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• the same as the 2 month.. 2 month and 6 month are the same even same shots just second round then at 9 months no shots yay not till a year and 18 months old
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughter six month check is today. My son is three so I couldn't remeber if they do shots or not. She just cries when they do it and then I pick her up and she is okay. She hasn't gotten a fever with any of her shots so I'm hoping today is the same. It is funny how things change my son never got the oral one but my daughter has gotten it twice already.
    samsmom14

Answer by samsmom14 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2009