is this weird?

my daughter is about to be 6 months and me and a few other family members have noticed that she could have a bunch of toys around her and she ALWAYS finds the tags on things and stares at them and concentrates on them and feels them...NEVER fails... she will sit there for as long as she can until you take her away...

is that weird?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• :) nope!!! She is learning textures and they intrigue her! My dd did the same thing! It was so funny.... i used to hand her stuff just to see her find the tag and suck on it! I forgot about that... my dd is now 21 mos.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing! They even have blankets called taggies that have tags all around the edge. I made one for my daughter with scraps of different ribbon when she was a baby. She uses it now as a baby doll blanket.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah, my dd has a blanket we got from Wal Mart (warrenfamily95's idea sounds cheaper!) and she STILL sleeps with it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Watch for sensory overload, to many things and a child will seek out the comfort item to put the busy stuff in perspective... you can try to to give her like items or one item at a time, try to give her different textures, color and smells ... it could be the "feel" of the tag that comforts her ... this is a common behavior in infants... good luck and have fun with her...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 6:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My DS is 11 months and still finds the tag on everything! He likes to move it back and forth, I think it is just a texture and noise thing.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have to pull the tags off of everything. My baby is almost 1 and he still does that, I found a half eaten tag on one of his stuffed animals(cardboard tag) so now I cut them all off to make sure it doesn't happen again. He also likes to suck on the tag that's on his blankie while he rubs the silky side on his nose.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Nope. Not weird. Tags are awesome! LOL I'm getting my daughter tags for Christmas! :)
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 9:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Another favorite is the packaging the toy comes in, instead of the toy itself!
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• With my daughter it was the boxes.. she didn't care about the toy or the packaging, just the boxes.. That is not weird at all though. Just something new and exciting for her.. Good Luck!!
    Laitheledh

Answer by Laitheledh at 10:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• haha..no my son does this all the time! He would rather have the tags verses the toy! And he is 7 months. But he has always been like this since he started holding and playing with toys
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009