Hurricane season in S.C.

It says the last day of hurricane season down there is Nov 30th. If I plan a trip around the 15th - 20th do you think the it'll still be bad? We really need an affordable getaway before the holidays this year and a girl's week at the beach with the kids sounds soo relaxing.

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 6:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Travel

• I don't know - it's been a slow hurricane season so far, only two tropical storms.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It will be cold by then. And a lot of the shops will be closed by then.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The weather site said it'll be about 70 and the ocean 60. For us in Wisconsin that's warm. Was the weather site accurate?
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 6:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Usually its at least in the 50's and the beach is windy. I live in SC but have been to the beach here in Nov and froze the whole time. Which area are you planning to come to? Myrtle Beach Charleston?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ah the season runs from June 1 to November 30 for the whole country not just South Carolina. Hurricaine alley runs from the Carolinas to Texas. I live in South Carolina too and was wearing shorts December 31 while buying ice cream from the truck. It's hard to say. We swim in our pool from March to October and it';s not heated. Last year we had snow in the sky in December/January. I would say expect warm fall weather but bring shorts too.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yah, I like the Charelston area. I do want to do other things than swim. I love going to the market downtown, I want to check out Ripley's aquarium, and we can just walk the beach and swim in the hotel pool. It's only for like 4 days with an infant and 2 toddlers, so I'm sure we'll find ways to keep busy.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Charleston is better that time of year. Lots more to do.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009